On the drive home from Three Pools, I was chatting with Michelle and Haley about healthy breakfast ideas and creativity in the kitchen. I told them that, before I read healthy living blogs, I was consumed by food blogs! I have ideas for days between printouts, cookbooks, and the constant innovation of bloggers. I also really like www.TastyKitchen.com as a recipe search resource.
My goal for breakfast when I’m eating at home is to get around 15 grams of protein and have at least 1 serving of fruits or vegetables. The following is a list of some of my favorite healthy breakfasts to eat. A few contain recipes, a few are just general ideas!
- Smoothies with 1 C of Greek yogurt and/or protein powder. Definitely include a couple handfuls of spinach.
- Warm oatmeal with a teaspoon of brown sugar. For added protein, you can cook an egg white on the side!
- Egg white or whole egg combo omelet with whatever leftovers you have in your fridge.
- Greek yogurt with fruit and a drizzle of honey.
- Cottage cheese with fruit.
- Toaster waffles (whole wheat, preferably) with Greek yogurt and berries.
- Overnight Oats
- Fitnessista’s Protein Pancakes (Not yet irun2eat approved.)
- PBFingers’ Protein Pancakes (Not yet irun2eat approved.)
- PBFingers’ French Toast Strips (I actually plan on trying this one for the first time this week!)
- PBFingers’ Greek Yogurt Pancakes (Adapted from a recipe in The Pioneer Woman’s cookbook, why didn’t I think of this??)